Advanced Open Water Diver
The ISDA Advanced Open Water Diver course represents the completion of the diver’s basic preparation and a first step towards deepening one’s personal interests.
With this course you acquire the skills and knowledge of an expert diver by improving your experience in 5 different specialties under the guidance of your ISDA Instructor.
Compass orientation and Deep Dive are mandatory specialties for this course, which allow to dive in autonomy up to 39 meters. The other specialties can be chosen from the student and agreed with the Instructor, like the course AOWD.
Wreck dive, buoyancy control, Naturalistic Dive and Search & Rescue are the most recommended but could be possible to choose also among Cave Diving, Altitude Dive, Cold Water Dive, Computer Dive, Night Dive and many more.
After this course, if only one dive per preferred specialty will not be enough but you would like to further increase your knowledge, you could continue with the Specialties Courses.
The Advanced OWD course is also accessible to young divers aged 12 and over: see Junior Advanced OWD Course.
- Be certified Open Water Diver from ISDA or other recognized agency
- at least 5 logged dives
This course is available on ISDA e-Learning.
You can access:
- downloading ISDA e-learning APP
- via browser, at www.isdaelearning.com
Your Instructor will give you the code to access your studying materials: manual, review quizzes, videos and insights (if part of the course).
- Five knowledge sessions
- Five skills sessions in open water “DEEP DIVING” and “UNDERWATER NAVIGATION” required and three more under choose.
What you’ll get
- Course issues license (max depth will be written on the card)
Diving with a buddy up to a max depth -30mt.
- You can travel, have many experiences, discover new seas, go deeper into your interest and discover new ones, through the Specialties courses.
- You will soon see that you would like to improve your style, know better your gear, learn how to tackle possible problems in which you or your companion could incur.
- You will be ready to continue your underwater training with the courses BLS-D, Oxygen Provider and Rescue Diver.